Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pink Shoes and A Party Dress

While on the Metro this week, there was a little girl sitting across from me in a beautiful dress and coat with beautiful pink patten shoes.  During the ride she was enthralled with the young men sitting next to her watching some video on a little screen that they held and shared between them.  She was chattering with her mother along the way.  We played a little game of peek aboo around passengers standing between us.

As the car was screeching to a halt before my stop, I leaned down and told her I liked her pretty pink shoes.  She beamed with excitement and talked more with her mother.  To my surprise they exited the metro the same stop I did and as I watched them walk away the little girl seemed to be dancing while walking with her mother.

It's fun to make someone happy, whether they are 2 or 82.  As you are doing life today, look for one person that you can have an impact on.  A simple compliment, a warm smile, whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment