Saturday, October 3, 2009

What is inspirational?

Tonight I am wondering about what is inspirational? I went with a couple friends to see Julie and Julia. For those who haven't seen it, the movie is based on a true story of a woman who is turning 30 who is frustrated with her state of life so she decides to cook her way through Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in a year and blog each day about her experiences.

The movie also tells you the story of Julia Child and her husband while they live in France. She is concerned that she needs something to do, so she enrolls in French Cooking School. Obviously, this changes her life and it also impacts many others too.

As the movie was ending, I was thinking about Julia living in France and feeling like she had 'nothing to do'. And about the readers who followed Julie's blog for a year. So, this all begs the question: What/who inspires you? As I get ready to move to Ukraine, is my life inspirational to Ukrainians? To Americans that I talk with before I leave?

Cooking is wonderful. I love to cook! But, I pray that people are inspired through my life to see my creator...

No comments:

Post a Comment