Friday, October 23, 2009

Leaning and Waiting

I've been explaining to many that I have pushed back my departure date from early November to late December. This is challenging for me on several levels. First, in good old American fashion, it's extending the time line which is difficult for my personality... Second, I want to be there. I know I'll miss so many people and things, but that doesn't change my desire. Third, I've just never been very good at waiting... and so, I wait!

A friend's blog reminded me today that there are lots of good things about waiting too. It is not a state of complacency, but a time of deliberateness. And, that one can actually accomplish a lot while you wait. I've moved, am going to move again. Have sold most of my possessions and boxed up those that remain. Have been through several language, mission and cross cultural trainings. Have met a ton of new people and now continue to invite people to be a part of what God is doing in Ukraine through financial partnership.

We wait for bread to raise. For yeast to work. And then for it to bake. It's well worth the wait.

Now I wait for God's continued provision, for open doors and His direction. And I rest, knowing that this too will be worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. His timing is always perfect....even though it is hard to wait. I love to see how God is using you, most importantly how you are LETTING God use you. You are an example to us all.

    ReplyDelete